In every facilitation session, the first few sentences I said to my participants are words of “thank you for being here”. That’s a good start to every learning. Half of the battle is won by “being here”.
We sometimes have prejudice against every thing that we do not know about, people we have never interacted, food we have never eaten yet, places we only read about, tasks we have never done, jobs we have never experienced, stories we have yet to hear.
Change comes from within.
We can only control ourselves, not others.
Cliché? Yes, but it is the truth.
- As a manager, have we done enough to support our team members, surfacing out the best in them, by understanding more what is not said, but demonstrated?
- As a recruiter, have we done enough to help our clients and candidates to find that perfect match by asking more questions?
- As a job seeker, have we explored other potential areas, and reaching out for help?
- As a networker on business platforms like hashtaglinkedin, have we done our part to help support our friends within the network?
- As an individual, do we keep sharpening our saws?
To your career success